What is Your Action Plan to Get Through & Rise Above The COVID-19 Crisis?
Have you ever said if I just had more time, I would work on this or that? Have you thought to yourself if I just had a little more time, I could improve my current life or situation? Well for some of us that time is now. Unfortunately, some people have been laid off and some are working from home. In either situation we all have more time on our hands. If we think about all the time most of us spend on the road commuting, if we just use that block of time we could make an action plan to get us through this COVID-19 crisis and prepare us for a better landing when we get past this. The question you must ask yourself is, are you going to go through this season or are you going to grow during this season?
COVID-19 has us all thinking about what we can do to not only get through this crisis, but hopefully come out stronger and better on the other side. If you don’t know where to start here are a few tips I hope will help. Feel free to also make your own list and share it with others if you think it will help them.
1. First, take care of your whole self. Mind, body and soul. Do what you can to fuel your mind by taking online courses and reading. Exercise. We can still move our bodies and practice social distancing. Don’t abandon your faith. Now more than ever people are having to rely on what they believe. Take advantage of having the time to take care of yourself.
2. When things look low, go high! Always keep your goal in your front view. Be careful of any negative self-talk and allowing negativity from other people to influence you. Now is the time to stay focused and positive.
3. Spend time expanding your skills and talents. Spending more time in-doors whether you are telecommuting or if you’ve been laid off, can allow you to spend some time thinking about what you want your future to look like. It may be time to set some new goals.
4. Be willing to take risks. What is considered a tough time may turn out to be a blessing in disguise. This may be the time for you to try something you’ve always been scared to. Believe in yourself.
5. Take responsibility and create a plan. Don’t put the fate of your future totally in the hands of others. Put your thinking cap on and see how creative you can be. Whether you launch into a new career, find a side hustle, or just better prepare yourself for your current position, take responsibility for your own future.
Stars shine the brightest when it is the darkest. Put in the work now so that you can land on your feet when we all get on the other side of this virus. Author, Catherine Pulsifer said, “Speaking from my personal experiences, setting goals, along with a detailed action plan, has actually changed my life from one cast in frustration to one of purpose.” If you have not found your purpose thus far, this may be the season it becomes revealed.
Healing Without Hate: It's a choice. It's a lifestyle. Pass it on!
Visit www.WendyGladney.com and www.forgivingforliving.org to learn more. Wendy is an international coach, consultant, trainer, author and speaker.